Tuesday, September 17, 2013

American, part 1 Kindergarten and First

Our district has been promoting an "Artstober artist of the month" each year for a city-wide art celebration centered around one artists. This year it is Norman Rockwell. Well, I personally love his nostalgic storytelling approach to painting and illustration, but I was not totally inspired from a planning standpoint. So, I broadened my approach...







Kindergarten:
Looking at line, shape and color and taking inspiration from Jasper Johns, Kindergarten redesigned the flag! I posted this whole lesson on the old site before the move, but here are some highlights.







And for 1st grade...My student teacher lead a unit on American Symbols and Pop Art that teaches facial proportions inspired by Peter Max. A good unit for her to start on and the 1st graders loved it!! Check out Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty!



Part 1 of our Artstober display was up in time for Patriot's Day (AKA 9-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment