Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Picture This...


No fooling...My friend Mr. E scheduled me to teach a workshop this month, on April Fool's Day!! I have to say I was energized and exhausted from NAEA but my Nashville elementary art teachers did not disappoint!!
Children's Literature in the Elementary Visual Art Classroom
Book 1: My Dog is as Smelly as Dirty Socks

So, what did we do all day...well the topic was how to use children's literature to inspire young artists.  Our first author, illustrator and artist was Hanock Piven!! These are Piven inspired self portraits using found objects!! The best part is that every object used not only has a similar shape to a need facial feature, but it also holds a clue to the artist's personality. You may be familiar with the iPad/iPhone app inspired by this artist called Faces I Make! Here are some more created by the art teachers in my class!!!









"How Great Is That!?!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment